Monday, March 17, 2014

A Day in the Life of a Foodie: Canadian Edition

This is going to sound crazy, but a couple times a year my family will take a weekend trip (8 hours!) up to Canada to eat. Yes, EAT.  There is a large Chinese population in Toronto with the best authentic Chinese food (well, I take my parents word for it that it's authentic since I have never been).

In Canada, we don't sight see or visit museums, we EAT

We eat breakfast
These "finger foods" are referred to as Dim Sum and often either steamed or fried








We shop for food





We look at food
 And get energy to eat more food!

 Most meals are family style, so we order a bunch of dishes for everyone to share.  Instead of having water, the servers ask what type of tea you want before you even sit down at the table.  Here are some dinner pictures.






 And last but not least the obligatory midnight snack.
As we get older I can tell we can't eat as much as we used to, but it is always a great time up in Canada.  The atmosphere and food just don't compare to any restaurant I know at home. 

Now I need a snack!

Toodles,
Tracie

3 comments: